Cons and benefits of guarana
If you are engaged in sports and want to tidy your figure, then for sure you dream of finding a miracle remedy that will help to speed up the process of losing weight, as well as to give strength and energy for training. And there is such a tool! This is guarana. But before you start taking it, find out the features of this plant and the rules of application.
What is this plant?
Amazonian guarana is a plant that represents a climbing vine. It grows in Brazil and Paraguay, especially along the shores of the Amazon. Guarana can also be found in Colombia, Venezuela and Peru. The branches can reach a length of 10-12 meters. The leaves of the plant are oval and have small denticles along the edges.
The fruits are small, usually bright yellow or orange. Inside each fruit is one or two seeds. And it is the seeds used for the manufacture of various dietary supplements used for weight loss.
Guarana seeds contain a lot of various useful components, such as tannins, resins, alkaloids, polyphenols (catechins and epicatechins), theobromine and theophylline, as well as vitamins E, A and B group.But the main substance that determines the beneficial properties of the plant, can be called guaranine.
In fact, it is synonymous with caffeine, as it contains nothing but it. But It is worth noting that in the seeds of guarana, the caffeine content is two times higher than in coffee beans.
For a start it is worth listing the advantages of using guarana, that is, its main useful properties:
- Everyone knows that caffeine is an excellent energy stimulant, which means that drugs on the basis of guarana are able to provide additional energy, which is why they are widely used by athletes who need a lot of strength and endurance to train. But It is worth noting that the caffeine contained here is different from what is included in the composition of coffee beans due to a special related appearance. First, it acts more gently, but it has a longer effect. Secondly, unlike ordinary coffee, biologically active additives based on guarana do not have a negative impact on the digestive process.
- Proper use of guarana allows you to normalize brain activity: improve memory, increase concentration and reaction rate.That is why in many countries students often take drinks on the basis of this plant during sessions.
- Substances that are part of guarana, ways to increase muscle activity. They enable muscle tissues to release glycogen efficiently and quickly, and thus receive the necessary energy and work properly. For this reason, sports nutrition often includes plant-based dietary supplements.
- Surely you have repeatedly noticed that drinking a cup of coffee allows you to temporarily reduce your appetite and dull the feeling of hunger. Guarana-based products, thanks to caffeine, also reduce appetite and allow eating much less and faster to lose extra pounds.
- Substances that make up guarana, first, help to normalize and accelerate the metabolism, and secondly, stimulate the breakdown of fats. As a result, the body uses its reserves, that is, fats, to obtain the necessary energy.
- Since the composition includes vitamins, plant-based supplements are necessary to prevent the development of vitamin deficiency, which is very important when observing diets, especially strict ones.
- Caffeine stimulates the heart and increases heart rate.As a result, the heart begins to work better, and this means that blood circulation is also improved, and all the organs receive the necessary amount of useful substances.
- In addition, guarana has antioxidant properties that help protect body tissues from the damaging effects of free radicals, as well as prevent premature aging.
- Caffeine has an easy diuretic effect and, therefore, helps to remove excess fluid from the body and prevents the occurrence of swelling.
- Guarana helps remove toxins and slags and cleanse the body, greatly improving its functioning.
Like any other plant, guarana has its downsides. First, there are some contraindications:
- Lactation and pregnancy.
- Children's age (this is due to the fact that the child's nervous system is exposed to any negative effects).
- Some cardiovascular diseases, such as arrhythmia, hypertension, atherosclerosis.
- Diseases of the nervous system or disorders in its work, accompanied by increased nervous excitability and other manifestations.
Secondly, when taking funds on the basis of guarana, some side effects may occur:
- increased nervous excitability;
- insomnia and other problems with sleep;
- increased heart rate;
If any unpleasant symptoms occur, the treatment should be stopped immediately.
In what cases would it be advisable to receive funds based on guarana?
- Sports, regular and intense training. In this case, guarana will give strength and increase energy reserves.
- Dieting. The plant, firstly, will relieve hunger, and secondly, will give strength.
- Decreased concentration, memory loss. Reception means normalizes brain activity.
- Chronic fatigue, drowsiness, fatigue. Guarana will give strength and vitality and allow you to forget about all the problems listed above.
You should not think that the use of guarana will create a miracle and help you lose 5-7 kilograms in a week. This is not true. The effect will be noticeable only after a while (at least a month) and only if the principles of proper diet are followed, as well as regular training.
As for the tidal energy, it is felt about an hour after taking the remedy. The effect lasts for several hours (from 3 to 5).
Forms of release
Funds based on guarana are available in different forms. The simplest is powder. It has a light brown color and a bitter taste. In addition, you can find liquid extracts of guarana.
The concentration of active ingredients in them is usually increased, so that the dosage will be minimal. In addition, various capsules and tablets are often found on the market. And you can find drinks based on guarana, but they also include other components.
How to apply?
How to take funds on the basis of such a plant as guarana? If you have purchased a dietary supplement based on this plant, then carefully read the instructions for use before starting. Usually it indicates the composition, contraindications, side effects, as well as doses. Follow all these instructions to avoid undesirable consequences.
Some useful recommendations:
- Dosages will depend on the form of release, the purpose of the reception, as well as the characteristics of the organism.On average, the daily dose ranges from 300 to 600-1000 milligrams of active ingredient (its content is indicated in the instructions). If you use a tool for weight loss, then take 400 mg (approximately one teaspoon of powder). If you regularly and actively train, increase the dose to 600-700 milligrams (1.5-2 teaspoons of powder). The daily dose is best divided into two doses: in the morning after breakfast and in the evening after tea. If in the evening you experience a surge of energy that prevents you from sleeping, then you can reduce the number of techniques to one.
- The powder can be added to drinks, for example, in milk, juices, yogurts.
- It is best to take guarana after meals to avoid problems with digestion.
- If you plan to conduct a workout, then take the tool about an hour before it, so that it has time to begin to act.
- To avoid problems with sleep, do not take guarana later than 4-5 hours before bedtime. Otherwise, insomnia may occur.
Buying a product based on guarana, make sure its quality. Be sure to follow the instructions given in the instructions to avoid trouble and see the effect.