Effective Weight Loss Steps for Men
Mentally Prepare Yourself
It is important to spend a bit of time preparing yourself mentally for the changes that you are going to make because to be successful you have to think of the long term. You are going to have to make some changes to what you eat and your patterns of food intake. Eating out at your favorite places may need to change, especially early on when diet change is the most difficult, but once you've established a routine, things should get easier.
Keep a Food Diary
This should be part of your preparation. Write down what you eat, when and where. Make a note of your mood. All of this information can contribute to your aims and the changes that you are going to make. Unless you understand your relationship to food and your food patterns you will not make the changes you need that leads to successful long-term weight loss.
You can continue with a food diary for as long as you think it is helpful. It can help to keep you focused, help with discipline, reflect on and change eating habits.
Monitor Your Lifestyle
A lot of the food we eat is fast food and so much of it is packed with excessive amounts of sugar, salt, and fat. Just by cutting back and paying more attention to the type of food and changing to a more healthy alternative will mean you can still eat well but you will lose weight at the same time.
Aim for a loss of two lbs max in weight per week. Although we all like to see the pounds dropping off quickly it is not helpful or healthy. More than that and you will just be burning up muscle rather than fat which will slow down your metabolism, making it harder to lose weight long term. Weight can fluctuate for all sorts of reasons. Don't be disheartened because you've agonized for a week but the scales say you haven't. Stick with it.
Cut Out Snacks
Snacking is all too easy and the majority of snacks are high in calories. The best thing is not to snack between meals, but if you have to, eat low-calorie healthy foods like fruit.
Eat a Healthy Diet
A knowledge of basic nutrition will help you to make the right choices about the sort of food you eat. A balanced diet contains:
- some protein such as lean meats, fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, soy foods, pulses.
- some carbohydrates such as pasta, rice, bread, potatoes
- some fats such as oil, nuts, and seeds
- some fruits and vegetables.
If you have a healthy balanced diet you should not need to take any extra vitamins or minerals in tablet form. Build some indulgences into your plan. You want a lifestyle diet that works so you need a few sins too.
- Never eat unless you are hungry. Eating simply out of habit or boredom will not help you to slim.
- Exercise helps. Exercise will burn off calories, keep you fit and keep you toned. It also increases your metabolic rate so makes losing weight easier.
- Reward yourself. When you reach weight goals reward yourself, with an outing or by buying yourself some goodies.
- Don't beat yourself over the head if things go wrong; just re-focus and press on.
- For added motivation why not consider joining a slimming club. Many people find this helpful as good advice is coupled with regular checks. It's also a great way to meet new people.
Video: FAT MAN'S TOP 10 STEPS FOR WEIGHTLOSS | FATFIGHTING MOTIVATION
Alessia Cara Turns Her Growing Pains Into Pop Perfection
Chocolate-Dipped Oreo Pops
4 Ways to Handle Acids
How to Construct a Raised Planting Bed
How to Become a Band Photographer
How to Relieve Eye Strain with Reflexology
Do you have a healthy balance of pain and pleasure
Broiled Salmon with Gingery Cucumber Salad
8 Hacks to Get Your Sugar Fix without Actually Eating Sugar
You Can Now Buy One Of The Most Beautiful Jaguars Ever Created
29 Bold Purple Hair Ideas For Daring Girls
9 Brain-Healthy Foods for Alzheimers Prevention
Is Castor Oil Beneficial For Your Face