Food poisoning: treatment of adults and children
Food poisoning often occurs when you violate the rules of necessary hygiene, the consumption of spoiled food and improper storage of food. Symptoms - vomiting and diarrhea, fever and poor health. If you have food poisoning, treatment requires specific measures:
- It is necessary to remove toxins from the body.
- Stop diarrhea.
- Restore the water-salt balance of the body
Food poisoning: adult treatment
Usually, food poisoning is accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea. In especially severe cases, body temperature rises. The acute form is characterized by a sharp increase in temperature up to 40 ° C, constant vomiting. In the vomit is present pieces of bile. There is diarrhea. If you have acute poisoning, treatment will require immediate medical measures that only a doctor can take. In this case, you must immediately go to the hospital.
How to treat poisoning?
- First you need to wash the stomach.To do this, make 5% soda solution, you will need about 2 liters. The solution must be drunk, then induce vomiting.
- Then toxins are eliminated from the body. Sorbents are used for this. The most famous of them - activated carbon, white coal, smecta, enterosgel, phosphalugel. Activated carbon is not recommended to take in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, because it irritates the mucous membrane. In such cases, it is better to take more benign drugs - enterosgel, smectu, enterol.
- If you have diarrhea and vomiting, drink plenty of water. It is very effective to use special solutions, for example, rehydron. It is necessary to dilute one packet in 1 liter of water.
- In no case can you take imodium without another prescription, its other name is loperamide. If this medication is used improperly, toxins can be sucked into the bloodstream and spread throughout the body.
How to treat poisoning at home with folk methods
If you have acute food poisoning, treatment with traditional methods will most likely not bring results. In acute form, you must consult a doctor. Traditional methods recommend treating food poisoning with vodka with salt, valerian decoction and cinnamon tea.It is worth noting that the effectiveness of these methods has not been proven, therefore use folk remedies with caution.
How to treat poisoning?
- A popular folk method is to drink fresh potato juice
- Every hour you need to take a glass of valerian broth. To prepare the broth, you must chop 1 teaspoon of valerian root, add 1 liter of boiling water and boil for 20 minutes. Cool and strain broth.
- Decoction of honey with dill - 1 tablespoon of honey stir in a glass of warm boiled water. Boil 1 tablespoon of dill in 200 ml of water and mix with honey drink.
Treatment of poisoning in children
If the poisoning has occurred in a small child, you must immediately call an ambulance. Until the doctor arrives, you can give him a drink of warm water or a rehydron solution. In no case can not self-medicate, because vomiting and diarrhea can be a symptom of other serious diseases. While the ambulance has not arrived, collect the things of the child, most likely you will have to go to the hospital. Only in a hospital environment can a doctor take the necessary tests and prescribe the correct treatment. Remember that the treatment of poisoning at home in children can worsen the child's condition. In this case, the doctor can make the correct diagnosis.