How to choose a mattress?
During sleep, it is very important to give your spine a rest, because if it doesn�t have time to take a break from daytime exercise overnight, the next day your state of health may deteriorate, and who will like to wake up with back pain? How to choose a mattress for a bed, we will tell in this article.
The choice of a new mattress should be taken with great responsibility, as it will have to sleep on it every night for a long time. The choice of a mattress is a purely individual thing, often couples sleep on the same mattress, which is not very correct from the start, because one mattress cannot be ideally suited for two completely different people, both in weight, height and health condition. The mattress must perform certain functions.
- Support spine during sleep. The mattress should provide your back with a straight position, while allowing your back muscles and body to fully relax while you sleep.
- Ensuring a comfortable sleep. The mattress must fully comply with the characteristics of your body, ensure the correct distribution of body weight over pressure points,to sleep you were comfortable.
- The size of the mattress should match the size of the bed.
- Type of mattress. There are traditional, anatomical and orthopedic mattress. How to choose the type of mattress? It all depends on your wishes and state of health. Orthopedic mattresses are designed to compensate for any deformation of the body, but this does not prevent healthy people from using them. Anatomical - follow the contours of the body. Well, with all the traditional mattresses are familiar.
- Base materials. Mattresses are spring and without spring. Spring mattresses come with dependent and independent springs. The advantage of dependent springs is their comparative cheapness, a minus - with time the mattress sags to the middle, with mattresses from independent springs this does not happen.
- Filler. It is important to choose hypoallergenic and hygienic mattresses. Of the fillers most often used: foam, felt, sintepon, cotton wool, wool, coconut coir, latex. The durability of your mattress depends on the quality of the filler.
Tips: how to choose the right mattress
- Consider your weight. Easy people (up to 55 kg) are suitable for soft mattresses, for people with a weight of 55-90 kg, a mattress with medium hardness will do. Hard mattresses are suitable for people weighing more than 90 kg.
- Consider your height, health. If there are problems with the spine, then when choosing an orthopedic mattress, you should consult with your doctor.
- When choosing a mattress, test it. Be sure to lie down on the mattress. Nothing should interfere with your comfort. Test all your favorite models. If you want to save and buy a mattress in the online store, then first visit the regular store and try your favorite model, and only then order it on the Internet.
- Take into account the position of sleep. In a pose on a side - pay attention, that hips, and shoulders plunge into a mattress so that the waist received support. In a pose on the back, hips should be in a natural position. When you turn on the mattress, you should not interfere with anything, with your shoulders and hips you should not reach to the ground.
- If you sleep together, you should not be cramped, if you are very different in weight and physique, it is better to choose two mattresses.
- Older people are better off choosing medium hard or soft mattresses.
- When choosing a new mattress, rely on the shortcomings of the old, try to exclude their presence in your new mattress.
How to choose a mattress for a child
Choosing a children's mattress, choose its size, so that they clearly match the size of the bed. It is better to choose mattresses with fillers that "breathe." The filler must also be hypoallergenic. The mattress should be elastic and moderately flexible in order to adapt to the curves of the child�s body. Mattress decoration should be durable and hardy.
If you notice that your child starts to deteriorate his posture, it is better to get an orthopedic mattress suitable for his age.
How to choose a mattress for a newborn
�It is very important that the mattress does not bend under the weight of the child, constantly maintaining the spine in a level position. Do not forget about the special oilcloth lining, which will save you from unnecessary problems with the constant drying of the mattress.
How to choose an air mattress
Choose a mattress based on your needs: for sleeping (at home, in the country, on hikes), or for swimming. Swimming mattresses must be rubberized and water repellent. The air mattress for sleeping should be pleasant to the touch, with a velvety surface, orthopedic effect. Pay special attention to the product warranty.
In the kit to the mattress, take the pump. There are a variety of pumps, the most convenient and fastest of them for home use - it is electric. For trips to the nature suitable pumps, working from cigarette lighter cars, or battery pumps, if you do not feel sorry for the time and effort to inflate the mattress, you can purchase a foot pump.
So, we learned how to choose a mattress, and remember - you should not save on the mattress, because your health, activity, and future well-being depend on it.