How to close the loop with needles?
Watch the video
Creating their first products, many knitters are looking for answers to technical questions that arise in their knitting process. The need to close the loop at the end of knitting, it seems to some of them a real difficulty. The diagrams do not explain how to close the loops with knitting needles, but provide a drawing in which few can understand anything.
- Look at the looseness and thickness of the yarn itself to decide how tight the loop should be to tighten the flat braid. This method can be applied to any patterns of any parts, their edge will not stretch. Pull one loop through the other sequentially.
- To make one loop as a result, knit together the first and edge loops together with the help of front knitting for the back walls of the loop. You will receive a loop that you want to transfer from the right to the left knitting needle, and then knit it with the next front knit, again behind the back walls of the loops. So you need to knit to the end of the row.
- Cut the thread when there is only one loop on the needle.Insert it into the loop, leaving about 4 cm at the same time and tighten.
You can also use a short hook, so as not to tighten the loop. But, if you choose knitting, this article will tell you how to close the loop.
- When knitting with a purl, knit with a purl edge loop and the next. Sew the first stitch through the second stitch.
- Now you need to knit one loop, pulling each previous loop through the resulting one.
- Repeat this action until all the loops are secured. Finally, cut the thread and pull the end of the thread through the last loop.
Using this method, you get the edge of the product, which will be similar to a stretching pigtail. Most often, the gum is closed this way, in spite of the number of purl and facial loops and relief patterns, but you can apply this method to absolutely any pattern.
- Put the first loop on the right knitting needle, and knit the second one using a pattern, facial or purl. You will get two loops on the right spoke.
- Having tied the third one, stretch it into the loop located on the right spoke. Knit it until the end of this row. When only one loop remains on your left needle, leave it about 4 cm, tear off the thread, insert it into the loop and tighten.
This method is only suitable for 1x1 and 2x2 gum.The edge of your product will fall naturally and will stretch freely.
- Closing should be done by open loops. Knit finishes in several rows, which are knitted with additional thread. Break the main thread, but leave the end, which will be equal to the 3rd length of the closed row. So your loops will turn out equal, and will not be dismissed.
- Pull the needle out of the loop. Iron the edge of the product through a damp cloth. Rows that are connected by an additional thread, dissolve.
- Thread the main thread, left after knitting, into the needle with the large eye and make a seam along the open loops. At the same time, keep the product to your face.
Now consider how to close the loop gum knitting.
If gum 2x2
- Through the first loop of the right knitting needle, stretch the second loop with the tip of the left knitting needle. So gum will retain its elasticity.
- The next loop you need to knit purl, having previously twisted the thread in front of the part. Take the tip of the left knitting needle and grab the first loop from the right knitting needle to stretch the second loop through it.
- So knit each loop to the end of the row to follow the pattern of your elastic. Then, cut the thread and hide it in the last loop.You will get a resilient, flat edge.
If mating fantasy
- Closing the loops, tighten the thread. So the edge will turn out tight, and your mating is dense.
- Grab the first loop of the right knitting needle with the tip of the left, then pull the second loop through it to close it. Then alternate the front and back loops, closing one loop at a time.
- If your product is made in lace, then first it is better to knit a regular row, and then close the loops. Finish the product in this way, knotting the whole row.
- All the loops of the next row knit facial. On the right needle pull the 2nd loop through the 1st.
If you wish, you can visually see how to close the loops with knitting needles, the video on the Internet will help to sort out this issue in more detail.