How to connect TP Link router?
Watch the video
Today, we can access the Internet from a home PC and from a mobile device, while a device such as a router can “distribute” access to the same network for several devices at once and, importantly, all these devices are not needed wire - Wi-Fi connection.
These circumstances led to the fact that all modern users equip their homes today with routers. However, it is not enough to buy a router, it must also be connected and configured. Of course, you can contact the specialists who will do all the manipulations without any problems, but if you want to save time and money, read this article in which we will tell you how to connect and configure the router yourself using the example of TP Link routers.
First, let's look at the connectors of the router. Each TP Link router has three types of connectors:
Let's understand the functions of these connectors.
The "Power" connector is used to connect the router to the mains.In the box with the router is a special cable with which you connect. The power connector is usually black and is labeled 5V / 2A.
The WAN connector is used to connect an Internet cable to the router. This cable should be brought into your apartment by an Internet provider. The WAN connector is usually blue.
LAN connectors (as a rule, there are four connectors of this type for a router) are used to connect a router and a device with which you need to “share” the network using a cable. How so, you ask? Indeed, at the beginning of the article it was said that no wires are needed! We did not deceive you, no, but not all devices are equipped with a Wi-Fi module. In this case, you can connect to the network via the LAN port (if the device is not equipped with one), and you cannot do without a cable.
In addition, the LAN connector will be required for the initial network configuration — the connection of the router and the device through which the configuration will be carried out is carried out using an Ethernet cable.
Well, now that we know about all the connectors of the router, the connection process is very simple:
- We connect the router to the mains through the "Power" connector (cable included).
- We connect the Internet cable brought into the apartment by the provider to the WAN connector.
- Using an Ethernet cable (usually also included, otherwise it can be purchased at any computer store), we connect the router and the device through which the initial setup will be carried out.
All necessary connections are made, let's move on to setting up the network:
- Open any browser, enter in the address bar 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- In the window that opens, requiring login and password, enter the pair admin / admin or admin / 12345 or admin / empty field. If none of the combinations work, contact your provider.
- If the login and password operation was successful, you should see the router configuration interface.
- To begin with, we will change the password to enter the settings interface so that no one without your knowledge could change the settings, open the System Tools section, then the Password and create the desired password.
- Now let's move on to setting up the network - open the Network section, then the WAN tab.
- In the window that opens, specify the WAN Connection Type — Dynamic IP — parameter and save the changes.
- Go to the MAC Clone tab, click the Clone MAC Address button in the window that appears and save the changes.
- All! Initial network setup complete!
So, since our main task is to create wireless access, let's set up Wi-Fi:
- Go to the Wireless section, open the Wireless Settings tab.
- In the window that opens, specify the name of the network in the Wireless Network Name parameter (you can choose any) and region of residence. Do not forget to save the settings.
- Go to the Wireless Security tab, check the box in the WPA / WPA2 - Personal section.
- In the Version parameter, specify WPA2-PSK, Encryption - TKP, PSK Password - the desired password for the Wi-Fi network. Save the settings and reboot the router.
- Done! Now any device with a Wi-Fi module will see the network you have created.
As you can see, the task of connecting and configuring the router is not so difficult. Following the instructions, any user will be able to configure in 10-15 minutes.