How to cook mash?
Indian beans, or mash, are not so widely known in our country, but are quickly gaining popularity. Many housewives praise the taste of this dish and share recipes with each other.
We decided to keep up and offer you some great ways to cook masha.
Mash cereal soup recipe
You can please your family with a hearty and tasty soup made from mash grains. To do this, prepare the following ingredients:
- carrot groats - 200 g;
- flour - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- onions and carrots - 2 pcs .;
- ground beef - 250-300 g;
- butter - 40-50 g;
- vegetable oil - 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- turmeric and zira - for ½ tsp;
- salt, ground black pepper, dried or fresh herbs (depending on the season) - to taste.
This number of products is designed for 2-2.5 liters. boiled water.
- First, fry vegetables. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan, put onion and carrot sliced in half rings, grated on a coarse grater. Lightly brown and add minced meat. Stew for 5 minutes.
- In the pan lay out the ready refueling and fill it with boiled water.
- There we also add the thoroughly washed and peeled mash and cook over medium heat until the cereal is ready. It is possible to determine its readiness by bursting grains, which become soft to the taste.
- At the penultimate stage of cooking this delicious soup, salt, pepper, seasonings (zira and turmeric) and greens are added.
- The final touch of the dish is the flour passaged in butter. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the flour and stir until it turns a brownish tint. After that, season the soup with it and give it a few more minutes later.
How to cook mash as a side dish
For this dish you will need:
- 1 glass of mash groats;
- 2.5 cups boiling water;
- a pinch of salt.
- The croup needs to be well washed and sifted (small pebbles can fall into it).
- Pour the glass of mash with hot water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- We turn down the flame of the hob and cook on low heat for half an hour. Approximately in the middle of this time (15-20 minutes of preparation), the dish should be salted.
Mash braised with vegetables in a slow cooker
Before boiling in a slow cooker, prepare the following ingredients:
- rice and mash - 200 g;
- onions, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes - 1 pc .;
- chicken breast - 200 g;
- vegetable oil –40-50 g;
- salt, pepper, spices - to taste.
- Chicken breast and vegetables cut into cubes.
- Mash sort and wash.
- In a slow cooker in oil, fry the onion, add to it pieces of chicken.
- After a couple of minutes, put layers of carrots, tomatoes and potatoes.
- On the vegetables we place mung and rice on top, we spice up spices, salt and pepper.
- Fill with water so that it covers the products completely.
- Cooking for 1 hour on the mode of "quenching".