How to cook ryazhenka?
Do you know that real yarn is not drunk, but eaten? In the old days, this fermented milk product was made by the hostess themselves, and its consistency was very thick. What we used to buy in stores looks more like a drink, which, by the way, is also useful. To experience the authentic taste of ryazhenka, we offer to learn how to cook it at home.
How to cook homemade ryazhenka in the oven
For the preparation of tasty and healthy home ryazhenka we need:
- clay pot (with a capacity of 1 l.);
- fresh milk (it is better to take homemade, but if there is no such possibility, then choose the store with the highest percentage of fat);
- sour cream (the fresher it is, the better).
The cooking process is not complicated, but requires patience and time.
- Milk should be boiled in a clean dish, then poured into a clay pot for soaking. It is important not to fill the pot under the lid itself, leaving some free space.
- Put the container with milk in the oven and at a temperature of 180 ° C to simmer for 1.5 to 3 hours.The longer the milk will languish, the more cream will be its color, and the taste will acquire unusual shades.
- After the pot of milk is removed from the oven, it is allowed to cool to 40-42 ° C and only after this is added the sour cream as a starter. It is necessary to mix the ingredients well. To do this, it is better to pour some milk into a separate dish, dilute the sour cream in it, and then pour it all back into the pot.
- For souring, Ryazhenka will need from 7 to 10 hours. All this time, it should stand tightly wrapped with something warm.
How to cook ryazhenka in a slow cooker
Today, many housewives in the kitchen have a slow cooker. She will help you cook homemade ryazhenka. You will need a jar of sour cream (300 ml.) And 2 liters. fresh milk. The principle of cooking is the same as in the previous recipe. First, we weary the milk in a slow cooker on the “Quenching” mode for 6 hours. Then cool to 40-42 ° C and add sour cream. Thoroughly mix, turn on the mode "heating" for 30 minutes. We do not open the slow cooker anymore, just turn it off and after 6-8 hours we get a ready-made ryazhenka.