How to create an iso image?
Watch the video
To make the game or the Windows installer easier to transfer via the Internet, local network or media, the .iso extension was invented, which allows you to create a disk image. Due to this, the installation is done by mounting this image into a virtual drive that is created by a special program. Also, a disk image can be written using special programs on any media and used on another computer.
Let's take a closer look at how to create an iso image using various programs.
Creating a disk image using UltraISO
To get started with the program UltraISO download it from the creators. The program is paid and costs $ 30, but there is a trial period during which you can also create a disk image.
After the download and installation follow the instructions:
- Run the program.
- In the upper left part of the program, set the name of the image that will be displayed when mounted in a virtual drive.
- Using the explorer, we add to our future image all the necessary game files or Windows installer files.
- After all the files are added, it remains only to save the new disk image. To do this, go through the path "File - Save As ..." and specify the save path and the extension of the image ".iso".
Thus, you will have a disk image with the extension .iso, which still needs to be checked. We mount it in a virtual drive using the same UltraISO program. If you have Windows 8, you can mount it using its tools. To do this, simply open the image as a regular file with two mouse clicks.
Creating a disk image using DAEMON Tools Lite
To work in this program, you must perform the following steps:
- Download and install the program with.
- Open the program and select the item "Create a disk image" in the menu.
- Specify the place where the files for recording in the disk image.
- After adding all the necessary game files or Windows OS, save the new image. Be sure to specify the extension .iso.
- After recording, we check the new disk image by mounting it using the program tools or Windows 8 OS.
In our article How to create an image of the file the whole process is described in more detail.
Creating a disk image using NERO
NERO is a less popular program for creating an .iso disk image. However, there are those who use it. To create an image you need:
- Download, install and run the program.
- In the program window to start the process of creating an image by clicking on the button "Image, project, copier."
- Follow the simple instructions of the program, where you need to specify the path to the files, the extension and the path to save the new image.
- After the creation process is complete, it is worth checking the disk image.