How to flash ZTE?
Watch the video
Phone in our life plays an almost integral role. Few people can imagine themselves without a potential source of communication. Thanks to the phone being even at a distance, we somehow became closer to each other. And as soon as something happens to our phone, we immediately feel like “without hands”. In the article we will talk about how to flash a ZTE phone.
ZTE can be flashed in several ways, consider the example of the CWM application (you can download it on the website) for ZTE Blade.
- To get a good result of the work done, it is advisable to use the phone device performed by Gen 2. If you have a device performed by Gen 1, you need to download the firmware or CyanogenMod, then with the phone turned off we hold down the “-” and “on” keys, wait for the FTM message to appear and We connect the phone to the computer. Run download_nochecksGen2.exe. and wait for the full installation. After that, your phone will get the performance of Gen 2.
- Then we download the necessary new firmware from the Internet, connect the phone cable to the PC and enter Recovery using the “-” and “on” keys.
- If there is no a2sd in the downloaded firmware, then the actions should be started from the item described below, otherwise you need to format the flash by selecting the following actions “advanced” - “partition sd - ext = 512, swap = 0, fat”. If the flash card is a budget option, then there may be some problems, then try to format it again or replace it.
- Then we proceed to the action “wipe data / factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” or doing “wipe battery”.
- Next, copy to the flash firmware, but without revealing it. So that the PC can see the smartphone in the CWM program in the main menu “mounts and storage”, click on “mount USB storage” and copy everything you need, then click on “unmount”.
- Then we go into Recovery “install zip from sdcard” and deal directly with installing the firmware.
- After installation, click on the "reboot system now" and the phone can be rebooted.
- After the reboot, a new firmware will appear on your phone. This method is suitable only for ZTE Blade, and as for new updates, they can always be obtained through the phone settings.
- If you have done all the points, and the new firmware was not installed on your phone or was installed incorrectly, then you need to repeat the whole procedure again.
About self-flashing phones, read the article How to flash the phone yourself.
A ZTE phone breakdown occurs in the following cases.
- Mechanical disturbances that can only be eliminated by replacing components or repairing them. This repair is almost impossible to perform at home and requires the intervention of only the service center.
- Replacing firmware.
Why flashing the phone?
The phone should be flashed for the following four reasons.
- The phone has stopped turning on.
- It constantly reboots itself.
- The phone must be restored from unsuccessful firmware.
- There is a desire to install a newer firmware version.