How to install CS?
Many people know such a popular game as Counter Strike. How to install CS, our article will tell.
First of all, you need to download the game itself.
- Now you need to run the installation file and follow the installation instructions;
- After installation, you will see on the “Desktop” of your operating system a shortcut to this game. Next, you need to right-click on the shortcut and enter its "Properties";
- In the line “Object” the following should be written: “Disk: \ Folder \ valve \ hl.exe-game cstrike-console”, where “Disk: \ Folder \ valve \ hl.exe” is the path to the files of the installed game; "-Game cstrike" is the line that is responsible for starting the game Counter Strike, not Half Life and "-console" means that when you start the game directly, the management console will be opened;
- Now you need to install a patch for the game. To do this, download it from the Internet and open it. You will see the installer window for the patch you downloaded;
- Next you need to choose where to install this patch. To do this, click the button called “Browse” and select the path to the folder with the installed game. For example: "Drive: \ Folder \ valve";
- Next, click the "Eject" button.You must wait until the patch is installed and proceed to the next item;
- Install bots. Bots can be downloaded here. After the download is complete, open the downloaded file and click "Select" to determine the folder to install bots. For example: "Drive: \ Folder \ valve". Now press the “Start” button;
- Now we have a finished game with bots and you can easily start the gameplay.
To learn more about anti-cheat, you need to know which server you plan to play. After all, there are a lot of such “anti-cheats”, for example, SSC, Cheating-Death, sXe, MayC, DNtL and others, and different “anti-cheats” are needed for various servers. Some servers do not require anti-cheats.
Now you know how to install CS 1.6 and other versions of this great game on your personal computer!