How to recover formatted disk?
A hard drive saves all your information. Sometimes it happens that you accidentally delete files that are important to you and cannot return them. Then you have a series of questions such as how to recover a formatted hard drive? It is quite easy to do. There are detailed answers to these questions, but before recovering a formatted disk, you need to understand exactly what is meant by the term “Formatting a disk”.
Understanding the process of formatting a disk
Disk formatting is a system process of the operating system, which is designed to mark the area on the disk where your information is stored, and by performing this option, you destroy your files. But who said that you delete them physically, it is possible to recover data from a formatted disk, you just need to remember that in no case should you write to this hard disk, because all previous information will no longer be available, even to professionals.When formatting, the system, in addition to deleting your files, also registers them in the hard disk table, identifies and cleans the “hard drive” clusters, marks the damaged blocks, that is, the disk is completely cleared.
Data Recovery Software
And yet, how to recover a formatted disk. This will help you a huge number of different utilities, programs. I will give some examples.
Program R - Studio - designed for data recovery. The utility has an English-language, but clear interface and is very popular among users. In order to properly recover data from a formatted disk, you will need to disconnect it from your computer and connect to another one, because you cannot save recoverable files to that formatted “hard drive”.
By running the R-Studio program, you can see all the drives installed on your computer in the main window. A new hard drive will be designated as a new media. Selecting it with the mouse cursor, on the top of the program window, you select the “Open Drive Files” item (this means to open the disk files).
Further you will see a tree structure, where you will find files with a crossed check mark, this means that the files still exist on the disk and can be restored.Then, with the “Recover” item, select all the files, then the pop-up window will pop up, where you must specify the path to save the files to be restored, and click “OK”. The file recovery process begins. After it is completed, you will be notified, go to the folder where you all saved and see your “necessary” files. In order to more thoroughly check the formatted drive, you will need:
- Return to the main menu of the program, before this again selecting your “hard drive”, use the “Scan” command.
- In the next window, put a tick, respectively, on the items “Extra search for know files types” and detailed scanning “Detailed”. And click Scan.
- Next, you will see a window of the process being executed (by the way, the duration of the operation depends on the size of your hard disk, so you need to be patient). The process is displayed in colored squares.
- After successful completion of the check in the main window, you again select your hard disk, where you will be shown the files that have been restored.
- Files will have priorities such as “Recognized 0”, “Recognized 1”, “Recognized 2” - this means that your files can be recovered almost 100%. If the priority is “Extra Found Files”, then these files cannot be restored.After scrolling through all the folders that have been restored, find your deleted files and tick them and click “Recover” again. After a successful recovery, you can watch your “saved” information in the folder where you saved it.
In addition to R - Studio, there are other programs, for example, "GetDataBack" and "File Recovery". With the help of these utilities, the question of whether it is possible to recover a formatted disk has become completely solvable. It is also easy to use and also performs almost identical functions for recovering data from a formatted disk, the difference lies only in the interface.