How to remove the car radio?
Watch the video
If you decide to install a new car, then you first need to properly and carefully dismantle the old one. Make it easy. However, keep in mind that different brands of cars require different time costs. For example, to cope with this task in Daewoo is much easier than in Mercedes.
Talk about how to remove the car radio. In order to remove the car stereo, you need to prepare:
- electrical tape;
- small box.
How to remove the car radio: general instructions
- Before proceeding with the extraction of the radio, it is necessary to turn off the engine and only then proceed to the preparatory work and removal of the car radio.
- Next you need to make sure that you have disconnected the wiring of the negative terminal on the battery. Be as careful as possible with the wiring. Do not pull the plugs out of the connectors, otherwise they may break. All sockets in the back of the unit need to be disconnected.as carefully as possible.
- If only wires are available, prepare sticky tape and pencil. With their help, you can, after dismantling, understand the impressive number of wires that will be in place of the dismantled equipment. All wires must be insulated separately.
- Also prepare all the necessary keys. Each manufacturer mounts on the radio different. Therefore, carefully inspect the car for the presence of fasteners and holes, and then select the appropriate tool for the job. Pay close attention to the features of the removal system at the site of dismantling. Many models of vehicles are distinguished by a strong fastening of the radio. However, there are those where used metal skids.
- Remove the bolts holding the radio. All bolts and small items must be neatly folded in a box so that they are not lost.
- Then carefully, in order not to damage the surface of the radio, we hook and remove the four plugs that are around the perimeter of the car radio.
- Below them are four bolts. We unscrew them with an ordinary wrench.Try to be extremely careful at this stage. If you overdo it and make too much effort, then there is a chance that the bolts will simply fall inside.
- Remove the frame car radio. Here a lot will depend on the model of your vehicle. For example, in some cars you need to unscrew the bolts located at the base of the ashtray, in others the radio tape recorders are fixed on snaps, and not on four screws. In such a situation, use special keys. We insert them into the grooves of the radio until a click. Initially, we perform this operation with the lower grooves, and then with the upper grooves. You must try to simultaneously pull the lower keys and put pressure on the upper latch. However, you need to be as careful as any misstep can cause the latch to break. In such a situation, only a specialist can remove the car stereo.