How to roll back Windows 8 system?
Watch the video
System rollback is a return to the parameters (recovery) of the system when it was operational, as well as troubleshooting. System Restore does not affect personal files of users, but can remove recently installed software and drivers.
Consider how to roll back the Windows 8 system in two cases:
System is loading
- Press the key combination Win + F. In the search window that opens, select "Parameters" and enter "resresh".
- A window will appear with two actions to choose from: restoring the computer and returning the system to its original state. If you select the second item, all personal files will be deleted. In this case, the first point is interesting - computer recovery.
- Select this item and click "Next." If the computer does not have a recovery partition, the system will ask you to insert an installation disk into the CD drive.
- Next, a window will appear indicating that the computer is ready for recovery;
- Click the "refresh" button.
- System recovery takes 10-15 minutes. During this time, nothing is required to press.Wait for the welcome window.
- Press the key combination Win + R and enter sysdm.cpl, 4 in the opened window.
- The System Properties window on the System Protection tab opens.
- Click the "Restore" button.
- In the "System Restore" window that opens, click "Next."
- Select the suggested restore point or check the box "Show other recovery points" and select the desired one.
- Click "Next" and then "Finish" to begin the recovery process.
- In the next window, click "Yes", wait for the computer to restart.
- A pop-up window with the text "System Restore Successfully Done" indicates that the goal has been achieved.
The system does not boot
- Immediately after pressing the power button on the PC, periodically press the F8 button (or hold down the Shift key and also press F8).
- A window will appear with a list of modes. Choose safe mode.
- Log in as an administrator, if necessary, enter the password.
- After starting the system in safe mode, press the key combination Win + F and enter "msconfig" (without quotes) into the window.
- In the "System Configuration" window, select "Boot" with the "Safe Boo" t parameter. Then click Apply → Ok → Restart.
- Repeat all actions, but without the "Safe Boot" parameter, to continue to boot the PC as standard.