How to store water?
The influence of water on the human condition depends in many respects on how it is stored. Let's talk about how to properly store water, so that it is healthy and stays fresh longer.
Drinking water storage rules
Water quality plays a major role in determining the appropriate shelf life. Well-purified drinking water will be suitable for long-term storage, poorly purified water will quickly fade in any container.
- You can choose different water tanks depending on its use: glass, plastic, metal. Plastic and glass containers are most commonly used to store water. It is more convenient to store small volumes of water in plastic bottles with a cap. If you are staying on plastic, then choose PET-bottles. They are made of polyethylene terephthalate, which does not spoil the water.
- PVC containers are unsafe, can "infect" water with toxins. Also, do not use PVC and BPA containers.
- The temperature of the water storage should not exceed +25 degrees, it is also necessary to ensure that direct sunlight does not fall on the container with water.
- If you bought water in the store, then follow the terms indicated on the bottle.
- The container in which water is stored must be tightly closed, otherwise the nutrients will soon die. Also, in an open container, water is stored for a short time, because oxygen, entering the water, changes its chemical composition.
- Bottled water can be stored in polycarbonate bottles for up to twelve months. In glass containers, water can be stored for three months to two years, in PET containers - from three months to one year.
These are the basic recommendations for storing water. It is better, if possible, to use water for drinking as soon as possible, not to keep it for a long time.