How to take candles?
Drugs are available in the form of tablets, ointments, solutions, tinctures and suppositories. The latter are rectal, vaginal and ear. Before using them, you should learn how to do it correctly.
How to take rectal candles
- Before the suppository (suppository) is administered rectally, the bowels should be emptied. Otherwise, the possible urge to defecate will negate the therapeutic effect of the drug. This does not apply to laxative candles, as this is their purpose.
- Perform the procedure with clean hands. You also need to prepare a wet cloth for cleaning hands after the introduction of the suppository.
- You need to lie on your side, pressing your knees to the stomach, and insert the suppository into the anus to a depth of two to three cm.
- Staying in a prone position is recommended for at least 20 minutes. So much time is required for the dissolution of the candle and the penetration of the active substances into the body.
On this topic another article - What does rectal mean?
How to take vaginal candles
- Before the procedure, you must thoroughly wash your hands and genitals.
- Take a prone position, bending the knees and spreading them shoulder-width apart. For greater convenience, you can put a pillow under your head.
- Having released the candle from the packaging, it is inserted as deeply as possible into the vagina. The hips should be slightly raised during the insertion of the suppository. Since the candle in the vagina will need to push a finger, you can use the fingertip to ensure greater hygiene.
- After the candle is deep in the vagina, you need to lower the hips and remain lying for 15-20 minutes. During this time, the suppository will dissolve, and the risk of its slipping back will greatly decrease.
- At the end of the procedure, you should use the gasket, because the candle can not be absorbed completely and residual discharge will appear.
We recommend to read the article - How to insert candles.
How to take ear candles
- It is necessary to lie on its side and insert the pointed end of the phytocord into the auditory meatus.
- Then it should be set on fire at the other end.
- Slowly burning, the candle creates a vacuum in the ear canal, which pushes out a sulfur plug.
Ear candles have a number of contraindications, so use them often and uncontrollably is not recommended. This procedure is best performed under the guidance of an experienced specialist.