MTS: how to connect a router?
Watch the video
Mobile operator MTS offers its customers a special portable 3G Wi-Fi router, with which you can connect as many as five devices to the Internet by organizing a small network. The stated data reception speed is 7.2 Mbit / s, transmissions - 5.7 Mbit / s. Given the small size, as well as the ability to customize without connecting a separate provider, this is a great hiking option for tourists and people who often go on business trips by occupation. This indispensable thing works on a simple SIM-card of the specified operator and helps you stay connected even away from home. How to connect a router mts, read below.
Connect and configure the 3G Wi-Fi router
As mentioned above, the router works on the SIM card of the MTS, so for its use it is necessary:
- Open the case cover (there is a special notch on top) and insert the MTS SIM card into the slot;
- Using a mini-USB cable, connect the router to the computer and wait until the OS recognizes the new device;
- After this, the autorun will open a window in which you need to click the "Install.exe" shortcut;
- By installing the "Connect Manager", using the "Connect" button you can start using the device as a modem, but to distribute the Wi-Fi signal, you need to fix some settings;
- On the "Router - WLAN" tab, we make the following settings: Enable Wi-Fi - check the box, Name (SSID) - enter an arbitrary network name, Channel - auto, Mode - 802.11 b / g, Speed - auto;
- On the Security tab, you can also choose the option to encrypt the connection (by network name or password).