Perepechi - original and tasty dish
Udmurts have been cooking rehearsals for several centuries. The peculiarity of this dish is the minimum set of products, excellent taste and excellent ability to satisfy hunger for a long time. Baking is an open basket with a filling, and its name received from the phrase "in front of the oven", where they were often prepared.
A national dish
The traditional quail recipe involves the use of rye flour. It contains more gluten, due to which the "cheesecakes" keep their shape well and do not crumble. The remaining ingredients often differ depending on which part of Udmurtia will treat you to them.
One of the base options is milk and butter. But the tender consistency is best attached to sour cream.
For the test you will need:
- sour cream - 1 tbsp;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- soda - 1 tsp,
- flour - 3 tbsp.
Knead dough out of all ingredients. It should be soft and supple. Roll out and carefully cut out small circles, giving them the shape of tartlets with sides.You do not need to use molds, the idea of such baking is precisely in manual molding.
Do not forget to beat the middle with a fork so that the dough does not swell during baking.
How to cook a traditional basis? In this case, you will need even fewer ingredients.
2 tbsp. Flour should be poured on the table as a slide, make a small depression in which carefully pour 1 tbsp. water, and begin to mix, adding salt to the process.
After the dough is ready, it should be left for half an hour, and after baking the same baskets, as indicated above.
With regard to the filling, then you can choose it to your taste. But the main and common point of all recipes is the egg filling, it is she who will ensure the integrity of the filling. For it, you just need to beat an egg and mix it with ingredients that you are going to put inside.
So, what can you use as a filling for this dish:
- Meat. To do this, you need to chop the pork or beef, add a little fat for juiciness, season with spices and put inside the quail.
- Mushrooms Another simple and tasty option for which you just need to pass through the mushrooms and onions in the pan until half ready.
- Cabbage.It all depends on your culinary preferences, you can use sauerkraut or stew fresh with onions and carrots.
- Cheese. It is better to choose a product of solid varieties. Rub it on a grater and mix with the beaten egg.
- Jam. Perepech can be sweet. To do this, you can choose any jam or jam.
In the southern part of Udmurtia, mashed potatoes, porridge and cottage cheese are also placed inside.
Some useful secrets
If you do not have a stove, it does not matter, the national Udmurt dish can be cooked in the oven. But be sure to listen to several important recommendations:
- Together with the baking sheet, on which the ovens will bake, put a small container with water in the oven, so the dough will not dry out.
- To achieve the ideal result, you need to pay maximum attention to rolling the test. The thin will break, and from the thick pastry will be tough.
- The oven dish also stands with caution, preferably on the middle shelf, so that it is evenly baked and remained tender.
After baking, tasty baskets with mushrooms, meat or a sweet filling should be covered with a towel and allowed to stand for 5 minutes. To give special tenderness to tartlets helps butter.Just put a small piece on each one, and let it soak.
Depending on the filling, cakes can be served with compote, tea or broth. But they must be eaten before they get cold. Bon Appetit!