Plums in Port
Deliciously autumnal dessert.
The combination of warm gooey plums with a good scoop of cold ice cream is sensational. You could try using a full-bodied red wine instead of the port, as this works equally well. Increase the quantity of sugar used if your plums are particularly tart.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
• 150ml port
• 75g sugar
• Rind of 1 lemon
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 150ml water
• 6 large plums, halved and stoned
• 2tbsp redcurrant jelly
1) Put the port, sugar, lemon, cinnamon and water in a wide saucepan or deep frying pan.
2) Simmer gently until the sugar is fully dissolved.
3) Add the plums and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
4) Transfer the plums to a warm serving plate.
5) Stir in the redcurrant jelly to the syrup in the pan, then boil rapidly to reduce and thicken. Pour over the plums.
6) Serve warm with a good scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Video: Plum and Port Tarte Tartin
If we could only learn that the world is big enough for all of us
Paul Hollywood’s Bakewell Tart Recipe
The Unconventional Arthritis Warrior
How to Make Honey Cornflakes
Natural Acne Solutions from Burt’sBees
How to Dig out Your Car After a Snow Storm
Everything You Absolutely Should Not Wear To A Festival This Summer
Anna Wintour Wears Prada On The Cover Of WSJ.Magazine
How to Eat at a Street Side Cafe in Paris
The 5-Piece Formula That Will Get You Through This Random Weather
Paul Joe Spring 2014 Makeup Collection
How to Put on a Medical Mask
Zucchini Bread Pancakes