Sausage Rolls with Worcestershire Sauce
Jul 10, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Colin Cowie. These are always a hit — who can resist a warm sausage roll? And the fact that they can be prepared ahead makes them a double winner.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
3/4 lb. lean ground pork or veal
3/4 c. finely diced boiled potato
2 tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. dried sage
1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
package frozen puff pastry sheets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. To make piping bag, snip 1 corner from a plastic food bag with scissors to make a U-inch opening.
- Combine pork, potato, onion, parsley, sage, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes in bowl; transfer sausage mixture to bag.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet; following fold marks, cut sheet into 3 rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half lengthwise to make 6 strips. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each strip into a 12" x 2.5" rectangle. Pipe sausage mixture along 1 long edge of each strip. Lightly brush opposite edge with egg. Starting at edge with sausage mixture, roll up each strip, gently pressing egg-brushed edge to seal.
- With a sharp knife, cut each log crosswise into eight 1 1/2-inch-thick rolls. Arrange rolls, seam side down, on a broiler pan; brush top with egg. Repeat with remaining pastry and sausage mixture.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with Worcestershire sauce for dipping.
Video: Sausage Rolls Recipe - Easy Bread Sausage Roll - Amazing Life
The 7 Best Lunchbox Snacks
The Best Sweatpants You Can Actually WearOutside
Outlander Season 4 Episode 2: Claire and Jamie Face the Realities of Life in America
Nasty Gal x For Love Lemons Collaboration
Potential CEOs for Amazon, JPMorgan and Berkshire Hathways joint health venture
Spring arrives 20 days early for New York City plants
10 Things We Haaaate About the Holidays
10 Things Women Who Have Given Birth Want You to Know
Do you have a healthy balance of pain and pleasure
Date: 05.12.2018, 15:26 / Views: 62495