Secrets of making Daiquiri cocktail
Fans of cocktails will surely appreciate the refreshing “Daiquiri”, which is very easy to do on your own.
Cocktail and its history
"Daiquiri" is a popular Cuban cocktail, consisting in the traditional classic version of rum, lime and sugar syrup. But you can experiment with the composition by introducing into it other fruits or berries, for example, oranges, strawberries, tangerines, and so on.
There are several versions of the appearance of "Daiquiri." According to one of them, this drink was invented by British seafarers in the middle of the 18th century, who stocked up on rum and mixed it with lime juice to protect themselves from scurvy. The second version is somewhat different. If you believe her, the cocktail appeared in the late 80s of the nineteenth century in the eponymous village, located near Santiago de Cuba.
Jenning Cox, who led the expedition sent here to develop minerals, was inspired by the drink of local workers and presented his improvised recipe, which was called "Daiquiri."A little later, he became interested in the American medical officer Lucius Johnson, who picked up the perfect balance and began to distribute the cocktail around the world.
How to make a cocktail "Daiquiri"? There are lots of variations, and a few will be presented below.
Classic "Daiquiri" is prepared from such components:
- 45-50 ml of white rum;
- a teaspoon of sugar or a little more sugar syrup;
- two tablespoons of lime juice;
- about 100 g of ice.
Preparation is extremely simple:
- Pour lime juice and rum into any container (ideal option - shaker), add sugar. All the whisk.
- Ice needs to be crushed in a blender and enter into the mixture.
- Stir and serve everything again.
Ideal for a party - a refreshing and bright strawberry "Daiquiri". Here is what you need to make it:
- 40-50 ml of white rum;
- 100 g of strawberries;
- about 10-15 ml of lime juice (suitable lemon);
- tablespoon of sugar (the amount can be changed, depending on your preferences and sweetness of berries).
- Strawberries need to freeze by placing in a freezer for a couple of hours.So it will replace both a flavoring additive, and the cooling component.
- Frozen berries need to grind, for example, using a blender.
- In any container with a lid, combine rum, sugar, lime or lemon juice and chopped strawberries. All this mix, actively shaking. You can also beat the mixture with a blender.
- Pour out the drink and serve!
At home, you can make a more sophisticated and sophisticated version of the drink - "Daiquiri Hemingway", and with the original flow. Here is what you need for this:
- 50 ml of white rum;
- a tablespoon of Maraschino liqueur;
- one and a half tablespoons of sugar;
- 70 g of ice;
- half an orange.
- Grapefruit squeeze all the juice, cut it in half. In one half, make a recess, turning it into a kind of bowl. Put the crust in a narrow small cup or roks.
- From the orange cut one ring, squeeze the rest of it.
- Grind the ice using a blender.
- Mix grapefruit and orange juice, sugar, ice and rum, shake it all well or whisk.
- Put an orange circle on the edge of the grapefruit rind, making a small incision in it.Pour a cocktail into this improvised natural bowl and serve it, surprising everyone.
Make a fragrant melon “Daiquiri” with your own hands. It will take:
- 50-60 ml of white rum;
- 20 ml of melon liqueur or syrup;
- tablespoon of lime juice;
- 80-100 g of ice.
- In a shaker or any other closable container, mix liqueur, lime juice and rum, and also add pre-crushed ice to crumb.
- Shake everything or whisk.
- Refreshing, fragrant and sweet "Daiquiri" is ready!
Try one of the suggested recipes to get a real treat and just have a nice evening.