Useful products with their own hands: how to make real coconut oil
Coconut oil is used for skin and hair care, cooking hot dishes and desserts. Rich in saturated fats and nutrients, the product improves appearance, boosts immunity and prevents premature aging of the body. How to make coconut oil by yourself, to be sure of the freshness and naturalness of the product?
- Cooking time:3 minutes
How to make coconut oil from chips?
If you already have ready-made pulp or coconut chips on hand, it will be easier to cope with cooking oil.
Prepare a large pan, a container for storing oil and follow the instructions below:
- Pour coconut pulp with hot water - up to 80 degrees.
- After the mixture has cooled, mash the chips to actively excrete the milk.
- After 2-3 hours, strain the composition in a jar.
- Cover the resulting liquid with a lid and store in the refrigerator for 13–15 hours.
During this time, the milk will separate from the oil, which will emerge and form a crust. It can be pulled out with a spoon and put into a container intended for storing the product.
How to make coconut oil at home: features and possible difficulties
Often, newcomers are faced with the following problem: instead of frozen butter, a mass resembling cream floats on the surface of the milk. The reasons for this phenomenon may be the following situations:
- during the preparation of milk chips were poorly squeezed;
- too little time passed and the oil did not have time to thicken.
Leave the product in the fridge for another 5-6 hours. If it has not yet hardened, use cream for face masks and try the next time to prepare the coconut pulp better.
How to make coconut oil from coconut, if it is whole?
What if you need to make a whole coconut product? The procedure is the same as in the previous recipe, with one difference - the pulp will have to prepare yourself.
- Drill holes in a coconut - on black spots and pour out the juice.
- Open the fruit - cut or smash with a hammer.
- Pull the flesh out with a knife or tough spoon.
- Grind coconut on a fine grater or with a combine, immersion blender.
Coconut oil can be applied to the skin and hair, taken orally for the prevention of cardiovascular and oncological diseases. It is also recommended to fry food on the product - it does not form harmful toxins when heated, which is typical of many other oils.