Useful properties of tomato juice
Tomato juice not only perfectly quenches thirst and gives gastronomic pleasure to its lovers, but also has many useful properties. And some of them may surprise you.
The composition of tomato juice is just a huge amount of a wide variety of nutrients. First of all, these are vitamins C, PP, E, A, H, and group B. There are quite a few in such a tasty drink macro-, microelements and minerals, such as calcium, manganese, fluorine, sodium, cobalt, chromium, potassium, molybdenum, selenium, iodine, chromium, rubidium, sulfur, phosphorus and others.
Also found in the composition are several organic acids: oxalic, tartaric, lysine, succinic, malic. And also tomato juice contains carbohydrates, proteins, pigments, sugars and dietary fiber. And it is such a rich and diverse composition that makes the drink especially valuable.
What is useful tomato juice? Consider its most important properties:
- Lycopene is a valuable pigment with powerful antioxidant properties.And thanks to this substance, tomato juice can be considered an effective means of preventing cancer. In addition, due to the neutralization of free radicals, it prevents the oxidation of tissues and slows down their premature aging.
- As part of a lot of potassium, and this means that the drink is very useful for the cardiovascular system, in particular, for the heart, whose muscle will receive good nutrition and strengthen. Such an impact minimizes the risks of myocardial infarction and other dangerous diseases.
- Dietary fiber helps normalize digestion, stimulate the motility of the intestinal walls and naturally remove toxins and slags from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Tomato juice is ideal for women who want to lose weight or keep fit. First, it is low-calorie: it has only 20 kcal. Secondly, the drink helps normalize digestion and cleanse the body. And, thirdly, the B vitamins are natural metabolism boosters. In addition, a glass of drink gives satiety and a boost of energy.
- In tomato juice, scientists have discovered substances that, entering the body,promote the synthesis of serotonin, and he is considered a hormone of happiness and is responsible for mood, and also prevents the development of depression.
- Vitamin C, which is quite a lot in juice, is a real guarantor of strong immunity: it increases the body's resistance to pathogenic microorganism attacks and strengthens the natural protective barrier.
- Ascorbic acid is also useful for blood vessels, as it strengthens their walls, protecting them from sprains, injuries and atherosclerosis.
- Regular consumption of tomato juice will help reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol in the blood.
- Tomato juice is good for the body during the period of rehabilitation after illness and under intense loads: it helps to restore and strengthen forces.
- The drink is useful for the hematopoietic system and prevents the formation of blood clots, protecting against such dangerous diseases as thrombosis and stroke.
- Juice is recommended to be used by female representatives during the period of PMS and menstruation, as it minimizes the manifestations of premenstrual syndrome and contributes to the replenishment of blood reserves.
- Zinc is a natural anti-inflammatory component,so that the drink can and should be consumed in various inflammatory diseases, with almost all important organs.
- For men, tomato juice is also useful, because it contains zinc, which minimizes the risks of inflammatory diseases of the prostate gland, as well as increases the viability and improves the quality of spermatozoa.
- The drink has a mild diuretic and choleretic effects, stimulates the kidneys and helps to eliminate puffiness.
Tomato juice, despite all the beneficial properties, has some contraindications. These include individual hypersensitivity and exacerbation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract organs: pancreatitis, gastritis, cholecystitis, ulcers. You should not drink a drink and poisoning, as the acids contained in it irritate the already thinned mucous membranes.
How to drink properly?
To extract the maximum benefit from the drink, you need to properly use it. There are several important rules:
- It is undesirable to use juice on an empty stomach, as it stimulates the production of digestive juice and irritates the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.The best option is to drink a drink twenty minutes before a meal, so that it improves the appetite and contributes to the full digestion of food.
- It is not recommended to combine the juice from tomatoes with protein and starchy foods: together they are poorly absorbed and often cause digestive disorders.
- Juice made from fresh tomatoes is most useful, since heat treatment inevitably destroys part of the nutrients.
- No need to add salt to the drink: it retains the liquid. Although a small pinch is still not harmful. You can also add a small amount of garlic or fresh herbs for taste, such as cilantro, basil, parsley.
- Tomato juice goes well with fatty foods, as it helps the body absorb them and promotes the breakdown of fats.
- Try replacing one drink with a portion of the food to reduce weight.
- Do not abuse: the maximum daily rate is 300-400 ml.
- The most useful will be freshly squeezed juice made from high-quality fruits that do not contain pesticides, nitrates and other harmful additives.
If you like tomato juice, then you are very lucky, because this drink is not only very tasty, but also incredibly useful for your health!