What do I want from life?
Among the many questions that we ask ourselves daily, there is one more important than all the others combined. This is the most powerful question, the answer to which is able to clarify our lives.
People don't know exactly what they want.
This simple question that we asked ourselves at school: “What do I want from life?”. Each person should be ready to answer it within 10 seconds, and at the same time give the most accurate answer. However, in practice, few who are capable of it.
Most of the respondents, as a rule, respond to it quite extensively and uncertainly:
- I want to be happy.
- I want a lot of money. How many? Well…
- I want for myself a beautiful house. Which one Beautiful!
- I want an expensive car.
- I just want to meet my happiness ...
- I have no idea. I do not know?
This may seem implausible, but the latter answer is more common. The problem in all the answers is the same: they do not give the main answer to the question, since they are not specific enough.
Why are so few people can clearly answer the question: what do you want to get from life? There are a number of reasons for this, but three of them are the most common.
Fear of change
Fear is the very first reason.Knowing exactly what you want to achieve in life, you will have to take action to get it. It is necessary to make decisions, make changes in one's established life, and begin to work towards the achievement of a specific and truly desired goal. Do you want to? The answer, unfortunately, is not always positive. It's true, change is usually scary. But the fact is that you have to see the whole process of achieving the desired goal, useful and pleasant, and not threatening.
Hard work is the next reason. Isolation of all the variety of opportunities specifically what you want to achieve in life, will require a lot of effort. And, of course, if you want to achieve these goals, you will work hard, work every day, put moral and physical effort. Many of us simply pass in the face of such prospects. Are you ready to invest significant efforts to achieve what you want?
Way of thinking
The last reason on our list is a mindset. Most people believe that their life is something that happens to them. And this is precisely the reason why a person is not able to give an exact answer to the question: what do you want to achieve in life? I live as I live, obeying fate.These are their beliefs, and they simply do not know how to pursue what they want from life. But in order to go to the goal, you must define this goal for yourself. For this, you need a conscious intention and an accurate awareness of your desires.
Accurately describe the goal
It is necessary, without being distracted, to spend time for half an hour thinking about what you really want. Do not let fear lead this process. Spend time on yourself and write down a list of goals.
- If you wanted a house, you need to specify the type, area, price, number of rooms. At the same time, describe your dream home in as much detail as possible.
- If your goal is a car, decide on the model and color. What characteristics should it have?
- If your goal is a man, describe it. What qualities should he certainly possess, how to look, what type of character of your constricted person? Extrovert? Homebody? Sole of company? Write! It really works!
- If we are talking about money, how much do you need? How much specifically do you need to get from life exactly what you lack?
Formed the idea? The more you define your desires, the better.If you are not able to give accurate answers, you will hope that everything will be settled by itself, instead of creating and attracting it into your life!