What are microdermals and who will they suit?
Young and not quite, people with piercings almost never cause anyone horror, surprise or disgust. This point of self-expression has long been accepted by society, and has already been "experienced." But as they say, piercing piercing strife. Today we will discuss its rather unusual form - microdermals.
For the brave mods
Microdermal is a planar type of piercing that is partially implanted under the skin. That sounds awesome, is not it? But in fact, not everything is so bad.
Such an ornament consists of an “anchor” (a flat plate, most often titanium), which is injected under the skin, and an outer part (a threaded rod) to which various balls, discs, flowers, stones and other decor can be attached.
Now the most exciting question is how do the microdermal installation work? No major surgical intervention is required, everything can be done in the salon, the master who is engaged in piercing. On the area of the skin where the microdermal will be placed, a small incision of the upper layer is made - no more than 2-3 mm.An anchor is inserted into this part, and it turns out that in the process of healing it is densely overgrown with tissue, firmly fixed under it.
Outside there is a thread on which you can wear interchangeable twists. You can install such mini-implants in almost any part of the skin. In girls, these ornaments can often be seen on the neck or in the chest.
It should be noted that not only representatives of youth subcultures agree on this type of piercing, but also people who have nothing to do with them. For example, by making a pair of microdermals in the décolleté area, girls can decorate their outer parts with gold and even diamonds. It looks like a necklace, but without a chain.
In order for the procedure itself to be less painful, and the process of healing and further wearing did not bring discomfort, it is important to know how to choose the puncture site correctly.
Here, experts recommend stopping on those parts of the body where clothes and other parts of the body are less likely to rub on the implant, and also to abandon the zones of close skin contact with the bone:
- Rib cage. It is very important to choose the implantation zone correctly, since there is a high risk of rejection due to constant contact with the bra.The best option is just below the jugular cavity or diagonally from it.
- Neck. Most often, customers choose its back, decorating this area with several implants.
- Face. One of the most popular areas. Here - a paradise for fantasy. Cheeks, cheekbones, forehead, area under the ears.
- Clavicle. Perhaps, one of the most stylish options. A very attractive looking miniature piercing in the dimple of the collarbone.
These parts of the body are most in demand, and the attachment of the decoration, as well as the healing period, often pass almost painlessly. But women’s favorites also include the abdomen, waist and arms.
With all the simplicity of the design and installation process, the healing period can not always be called the same. In order for the microdermal to take root without problems, correct care is important, consisting of several stages:
- The first 2-3 days the place of installation of microdermal need to stick with a plaster.
- To prevent the ingress of dirt and to avoid rubbing, during the week about the implant should not rub clothes.
- While the wound does not heal, swimming in the pool and access to the sauna is prohibited.
- Despite the fact that you want to change the upper part often, it is not recommended to do this until complete healing.
It is also worth considering that this procedure has its own contraindications:
- Dermatological diseases (acne and rashes also fall into this category).
- Age up to 15 years (tissue damage can significantly affect the decrease in immunity).
- Oncological diseases.
- Allergy to metals.
Unusual, eye-catching and eye-catching microdermals are a special kind of decoration. But before agreeing to his "installation" on his own body, it is worth weighing the pros and cons. Even the most serious specialist will not give a 100% guarantee that the decoration will not be rejected by the body. Be beautiful and make decisions weighted!