What is social networking?
Social networks - sites or web services used to reflect, build and organize relationships. These are resources that allow people to collaborate on documents, communicate, exchange information. The most famous projects in Russia are Facebook and VKontakte. To better understand what social networks are, check out their brief classification.
Types of social networks
- Sites created to unite people on a certain basis (gender, interests, profession, religion). Separately, it is necessary to highlight professional social networks, designed to unite specialists of one profile, to simplify the establishment of business contacts; example -. There are also corporate resources created by companies for internal use.
- Geosocial networks are resources that allow a person to meet people in a particular locality. Some of the famous projects - and. GPS is usually used to determine the location.
- Media storages are resources that allow users to upload files, giving other people access to them. An example of a social network of this type is.
- Social bookmarking services are sites that allow people to create collections of links for sharing. An example of such a site is
- Social libraries or advisory services. On such sites, people create collections of their favorite films, evaluate books, and music. An example is.
Social networks help people quickly share information, get to know, keep in touch with relatives. But it is important not to give them too much time, otherwise you can be caught in the illusion, preferring virtual life to real life.