What is the difference between gel polish and shellac?
Beauticians have created several innovative decorative coatings that are easy to apply and stick to the nail plates for up to three weeks. Among them are shellac, gel polish and biolac. In the article we will talk about these purchased means, compare the characteristics, determine the level of harm, we will consider what distinguishes the gel from varnish from shellac.
Every girl dreams of a brilliant, smooth and beautiful manicure. Regular nail polish does not do this task well. Under the influence of water and other external factors, the decorative coating cracks and quickly loses its original appearance. Even if the manicure is done by a master, after 3 days it has to be updated.
I recommend to read the article to every girl, because the state and health of natural nails, the appearance and beauty of hands depends on it.
Differences in gel polish from shellac
Decorative cosmetics for hands, the characteristics of which are comparable in this part of the article, are ideally suited for independently adjusting the nails to the appropriate state. Thanks to cosmetics, the nails remain beautiful for a crescent.What is the difference between gel polish and shellac?
- Shellac is more suitable for fragile and brittle nail plates, as it provides a firming effect.
- Before applying the gel nails must be treated with a primer and remove the top film. In the case of shellac, treatment with a degreasing agent is sufficient.
- To remove shellac, a special liquid is provided, which greatly simplifies the procedure. The gel is removed exclusively by mechanical means, when filing is combined with the use of an acetone-containing liquid.
- Gel, unlike shellac, does not dry out the nail plates. This is due to the fact that a primer is used before coating, which improves adhesion and moisturizes the natural nail tissue. Shellac contributes not only to drying, but also to delamination.
- The cost of shellac is higher, but it helps in creating a more durable manicure.
- Shellac is ahead of the rival in brilliance and color saturation.
Each of the listed coatings has advantages and disadvantages. Comparing the strengths and weaknesses, you will choose the best option, taking into account the condition of the nails.
Differences gel gel from biogel
Gel varnish and bio-gel - synthetic materials that are used for nail care and strengthening. Cosmetics are characterized by elasticity, are removed by a special liquid.
- Biogel is suitable for nails. With the help of the material, additional length is easily created.
- Gel polish is faster and easier to apply. For this purpose, use the usual brush. The application of biogel is more like a modeling process.
- The gel is used exclusively to give the nail plate a neat appearance. Opponent is able to heal. Therefore, it is often used after removal of extended nails.
- Biogel is not suitable for nails that are curled.
I note that the level of harm to the nail plates, these synthetic materials are identical. The presence of the syllable "bio" in the title does not mean that the product is made from natural materials. Just biogel provides nails with a more natural look.
How to apply
Gel varnish, shellac and bio-gel are popular synthetic materials used for applying on nails. In this part of the article we will consider the technology of applying decorative coatings.
The listed decorative materials are considered the best achievement of the nail industry. This is evidenced by their high popularity among consumers, which is due to the convenience and ease of application, rapid polymerization, stable color, intense gloss, safety of use.
If the application procedure is carried out in accordance with the technology, the decorative coating is kept on the nails for about 3 weeks, preserving the structure, gloss and attractiveness without additional correction. But sometimes even advanced technologies fail. All the fault - the wrong actions.
Gel polish is considered a relatively new invention. Contrary to the novelty, it is popular among women, who immediately appreciated the variety of fashionable colors, ease of application and durability of the coating. Consider the step-by-step application algorithm.
- Before applying the first layer, the surface of the nail plate is degreased with acetone, especially if before that there was a manicure from an oily remedy.
- Using an abrasive, the top layer is removed from the nail to increase adhesion. Weak nails are treated with primer.In the case of healthy nails, the base coat is applied immediately, after which it is dried.
- After drying, the first colored layer is applied, carrying out longitudinal movements from the edge of the plate. It is important that the layer is thin, otherwise the decorative coating will dry for a long time and is subject to deformation. Next, the legs are dried.
- Lastly, a protective coating is applied, which fixes the varnish and makes the nails shine. After thorough drying, the nails are wiped with alcohol with a cotton pad to remove the remnants of the product and remove the sticky layer.
As you can see, the gel is applied without special difficulties. Constant training will help to make excellent manicure at home without help.
Shellac is a hybrid of gel and nail polish developed by the efforts of Americans. Means is simply applied, it lasts for a long time and is easily removed with the help of a special liquid. Cutting is not necessary.
Another advantage - shellac dries only under the influence of ultraviolet rays. This means that there is enough time to give the nails an ideal shape and eliminate even the slightest flaws.
- Before applying shellac, thorough surface grinding is not required. This is good, because the procedure is thinning the nails.First, put a base with a thin layer and dry well.
- A layer of colored varnish is applied over the base. The main thing is that the decorative coating does not fall on the side rollers and cuticle, otherwise chipping is not to be avoided. The color layer is dried in accordance with the instructions. To make a bright manicure, put two color layers, but no more, otherwise the quality will suffer.
- After drying the colored layer is applied fixing agent. This transparent composition protects the nail and gives shine. Finishing lacquer is dried under ultraviolet light, and then wipe the nails with a cotton pad.
Design issues are resolved before applying shellac. Decorative elements, whether it be sand, rhinestones or glitter, are attached to the colored layer before applying the finishing varnish. As for the painting, it is done on the last coating, after which the finishing layer will be repeated.
With a UV lamp and biogel, nails can be adjusted or extended at home. This procedure is not difficult.
- Before the procedure, wipe the hands with an antiseptic. Using a wooden stick, adjust the shape of the cuticle.Then polished nail plate.
- Next, use a primer to degrease the surface of the nail and increase adhesion. Keep your nails under ultraviolet according to the instructions.
- After that put biogel, moving from the edge to the cuticle. It does not reach a few millimeters, seal the free edge. If necessary, after drying, an additional layer is applied.
- If the surface is uneven, the sticky layer is removed with a degreaser, and then polished.
- At last put the finish coat and remove the sticky layer. Cuticle is treated with oil.
This simple technique will help to apply bio-gel at home without outside help. This is also a good way to make money. Only before taking clients should practice and fill your hand.
Peculiarities of care
Improper nutrition, reinforced by lack of competent care and contact with household chemicals, leads to the destruction of nails. Nail plates exfoliate, become weak and brittle.
Fortunately, cosmetology offers a number of tools to help improve the condition of the nails. Applying a decorative coating improves the appearance of the nails, making them beautiful and radiant.And so that the result of the cosmetic procedure lasts longer, it is recommended to provide nails with proper care.
Features care gel polish
To cover a long time, it is recommended to adhere to several rules for the care of the marigold. Clients often complain to the manicure masters about the poor quality of work, but in most cases the wrong actions of the woman lead to the appearance of chips and other defects. Deviations from the technological process during the procedure lead to the same result.
- Before applying the gel, do not use hand creams, oils to strengthen and nourish the nails. From these funds, a greasy film remains on the surface, preventing reliable fixing of the decorative coating.
- Thin and long nails are considered a poor basis for a gel polish. Therefore, before the procedure, the nail plate is recommended to cut.
- After applying the gel file nails is prohibited. This is due to the technological feature. During the procedure, the master “seals” the tips of the nails. Using a nail file is fraught with chips and cracks.
- Gel varnish does not make friends with sudden temperature changes. Therefore, after the procedure is not recommended to visit saunas and baths, take a hot bath. Wait a few days until resistance to such factors increases.
- The gel is considered to be a durable coating, but detergents and detergents are dangerous. Therefore, do housework with rubber gloves.
- Use cooking utensils carefully, including graters and knives. The result of careless movement often becomes unpleasant mechanical damage.
- To remove the gel, a special liquid is provided. Removing by mechanical means is not recommended, as the probability of damage to natural nails is too high.
Contrary to all the benefits, the masters recommend taking a break after a few applications. Firming masks and baths with vegetable oils, lemon juice and sea salt will help take care of marigold health.
Features of shellac care
During the first days after applying shellac, do not allow the nails to come into contact with hot water. It is also recommended to postpone for a time visit to the solarium, bath or sauna.
To keep shellac longer, avoid contact with acetone-containing preparations, do the work with gloves. To give shine, rub your nails with a soft cloth or a piece of cotton wool.
Features care biogel
As for the decorative coating made by biogel, he does not like acetone and aggressive household chemicals. After the procedure, avoid contact with hot water, do not visit the sauna or solarium.
As in the case of shellac, a special composition is used to remove the biogel, which is applied to the nails and removed together with the coating after 10 minutes of waiting.
What lasts longer
Every woman who uses gel polish, shellac or biogel to create a beautiful manicure is interested in what lasts longer. And it is not surprising, because bringing nails in order requires a lot of money, especially if the procedure is carried out by the master.
According to experts, shellac lasts 2-4 weeks.For one and a half decade, the nail grows, resulting in a small gap. The elimination of this aesthetic problem comes down to correction. But some girls do not pay attention to it and re-process a month later.
According to the instructions, the service life of gel polish, subject to application technology and proper care, is 2 weeks.Longer hold is not recommended. Even if the nails still look good, the masters advise to change the coating. Otherwise, the adhesion of the gel and nail plate will increase, and it will not be possible to remove without the aid of aggressive substances. And this is fraught with damage to the surface of the nails.
Biogel decorates marigolds for up to three weeks.But as the nails grow, the actual duration of the manicure is limited to two weeks.
What is more harmful for nails - gel varnish or shellac
Manufacturers of decorative coatings for nails assure that their products are harmless and do not contain toxic substances. But do not forget about the mechanical harm. Even if technology is observed during the application procedure, it is impossible to minimize harm.
Dermatologists do not recommend daily nails, regardless of the type of material used. According to them, the maximum period of wearing a varnish or gel is one week, after which a week break.
Decorative coating blocks the access of oxygen to the nails.Additionally, cosmetics prevents the development of a natural protective layer, which the nails generate, being in a natural state. Under the gel or varnish, this process is suspended.
All this leads to a change in color, deformation, delamination, thinning or dull nails. After a single application, the negative effects do not manifest themselves, but if you regularly use such tools, negative consequences are guaranteed in the future.
Decide for yourself whether to cover the nails of this kind of compounds. This will help the analysis of the advantages and disadvantages. Remember, a single use will not weaken the nails, if they are initially healthy, can not be said about the constant use.