What is useful rice?
Perhaps you love him, and maybe not very much, but if you decide to open this article, it means you are interested in whether rice is useful, and if it is useful, then what is the use of it. Let's say right away - yes, rice is useful. And now our goal is clear and accessible to answer you, how useful rice is, what properties it has, what vitamins and minerals the body needs. Let's start with the analysis of basic information.
Rice: chemical composition
Today, many women and girls determine the benefits of a product by ... calories. Useful where fewer calories. This approach makes you think that it is easier to lose weight. Fair, but back to the topic. Is rice useful from this position?
One hundred grams of rice contains about 344 calories, which account for 6.7 grams of protein, 78.9 for carbohydrates (note complex, that is, healthy carbohydrates) and 0.7 fat. Probably everyone noticed that there is practically no fat in rice.
In addition, the beneficial properties of rice should be evaluated by women in that it is able to cleanse the body. Let's talk about the benefits.
Rice: useful properties
We have already begun to talk about the ability of rice to clean the body, it absorbs toxins like a sponge and removes them from our body.
Rice contains some types from the group of vitamins B (B1, B2, B3), which play a significant role in maintaining our skin, hair and nails.
Satisfies daily intake in vitamin E, PP.
Rice is a storehouse of trace elements and minerals that are important for the human body.
- potassium (supplies our brain with oxygen and has a beneficial effect on heart rate, increases endurance, physical strength);
- calcium (there is no need to say here - bones, nails, teeth will be in good condition only if they have enough calcium);
- manganese (useful for our nervous system, regulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism);
- phosphorus (important for almost all cells of our body; nervous system, brain, heart muscles - these are some areas of phosphorus activity);
- iron (involved in the birth of blood cells (erythrocytes and leukocytes), it is necessary for anemia);
- zinc (activates immunity, participates in the formation of new cells, metabolism in them);
- selenium (a powerful antioxidant, strengthens the immune system, contains high anti-tumor properties).
Here are some properties of the nutrients contained in rice.
Which rice is more useful
Let's talk about the types of processing in the manufacture of rice.Select white rice, brown and steamed. The question is rightly posed, because the safety of rice nutrients depends on the processing method.
- White rice.
Therefore, it is white that has gone through all stages of processing (grinding). This suggests the lowest preservation of vitamins and minerals, i.e. compared to steamed and brown rice, white rice is less useful. However, it has a minimum cooking time, it is he who is most popular on our tables.
- Steamed rice.
Special treatment with steam allows to transfer useful substances (about 80%) from the shell to the grain. It is brewed a little longer than usual, but retains its excellent taste even in a heated dish.
- Brown rice
Preserves the bran shell in its manufacture. It is in this shell that all benefits are preserved: vitamins, minerals, nutrients.