Which DVR is better?
The situation on modern roads is very different from that which was twenty years ago. Every year there are more and more cars, and congestion and oversaturation of the tracks leads to an increase in the number of traffic accidents. Car DVR has long ceased to be just a fashionable decoration of the car. He can provide your alibi in an accident and confirm the fact of your innocence in the event of a conflict on the road or with the traffic police. For example, he can confirm that you did not drive a red light, missed a pedestrian, did not overtake and did not cross the road markings.
In this article, we will figure out what is better to buy a car DVR, since it is necessary for almost every car enthusiast. Before you start to choose, consider: how much you are willing to spend and what technical characteristics are important to you. Depending on the number of cameras installed, the DVR can record the situation directly in front of the car, and what happens in the cabin.Accordingly, the second option is more expensive, but do you need such an expensive unit. Let's look at the various technical abilities and features of work, and determine which model of the DVR is best suited for your car and does not hurt your wallet.
The compression format, media type, the number of microphone and video inputs, recording resolution and the presence of additional functions - all these parameters should be considered when purchasing.
Car DVR Permissions
The first thing to pay attention to is the quality of the shooting or, more precisely, the native resolution of the autoregistrar. There are resolutions QVGA, HD, VGA, FullHD.
- The resolution used in the most simple models is 320x240 (Quarter Video Graphics Array). Their price is 30-40 dollars, but they are not particularly popular, since any camera or a good smartphone gives the best picture. In addition, in comparison with the VGA-quality DVR, the money saving is scanty, and the quality exceeds QVGA several times.
- Resolution 640x480 (VGA) is the most popular among budget DVRs. And immediately answer the question that excites motorists - will it be possible to determine the numbers of cars on the video? This resolution will show clear numbers if the car driving in front is at a distance of 10-15 meters.The price of the new DVRs is within 40-50 dollars. Consider which company DVR is better to buy, so that it will serve long and well. Several large-scale and complex tests have shown that the best quality in this category is presented by the models Lauf VR-01, Falcon HD-02 LCD, DVRH-185
- The next in quality for VGA resolution is 1280x720 (HD). It gives you the opportunity to improve the detail of the picture and can clearly identify not only the place of recording (road signs, direction indicators, etc.), but also the make, color, model, and of course increases the distance on which you can determine the license plate of cars on the road. Prices range from 80-150 dollars.
- 1920x1080 (FullHD) is the highest possible resolution for the modern equipment of the car dealership. At the end of 2012, the price of FullHD-DVRs started at $ 150. It depends on the configuration, ease of installation, transformation capabilities and compactness of the device and reaches 250-300 cu With this resolution, license plates are determined with a speed difference of up to 40-60 km / h.
When choosing which DVR is best, besides the resolution, you should consider the presence of its LCD display. In modern models, it is almost always present, but in DVRs with a GPS module, there is no display.
Car DVRs with GPS
The presence of a GPS in the car DVR allows you to accurately determine the location of the incident, using a special program coordinates are attached to the video. It is very important that the video shows the speed, it is an undeniable trump card for a dispute with the radar readings. If you can not determine which DVR is better, reviews of car owners already using this technique will help you make the right decision. According to surveys, the Falcon HD15-LCD-GPS model is optimal for this category - it has FullHD resolution, compact size, small display, and a reasonable price, as for such parameters. The main disadvantage is the mount, which does not change the angle of rotation horizontally. Also an interesting model is the DOD GSE-500, which combines high-quality video (1920x1080), a GPS module and a display. Its price is around $ 300.
Two- and four-chamber auto-video recorders
Installing a larger number of cameras allows you to give a circular view around your car, but 2 and 4-camera DVRs are not cheap.For the price of a model with two cameras with a resolution of 640x480, you can choose a model with a resolution of 1920x1080. Four cameras will cost at least 350-400 dollars, and sometimes the price reaches 1000 dollars. Such costs can be justified only if the car is used for commercial purposes; even two cameras are not always relevant for private use.
Consider the basic parameters and functions of car DVRs. When choosing a device, you should first of all take them into account.
- The most popular additional option that is found in car DVRs are IR diodes, the purpose of which is to improve night shooting. Their power is only a few watts - this is enough for a couple of meters. Therefore, it is not necessary to focus your attention on them, especially in cheap models.
- Mount DVRs designed for turns in the vertical direction, to adjust to the desired angle of the windshield. But only a few mounts can turn in the direction of the driver, and this is important for fixing the conversation with law enforcement officers. Standard delivery mount on the suction cup.
- Display in DVRs is the ability to view video on the spot. In some models, very high video quality is not comparable to the size of the display itself and only gives a general idea of what is happening, but usually this is enough.
- Cyclic recording - 99% of modern models perform this operation. It allows you to automatically overwrite the oldest files with new ones and continuously record the video, breaking it up into time intervals
- Built-in battery - its presence allows you to take the DVR out of the car and shoot video outside.
It is difficult to imagine a single configuration of the best avtovideogistrator. Everyone has their own requirements and wishes, tastes and budget. Selection is always an individual process. We hope that the proposed materials helped you find out everything about the DVR, which one is better to buy, now you can easily determine it yourself. And the last tip - do not forget about certification. The presence of a certificate will necessarily serve as arguments in your favor when stopped by a traffic police officer or in court.